Sunday, May 18, 2014

I remember like it was yesterday...

I can't really say, it was love at first sight, but I knew I wanted him. Shy me took the back seat, immediately! My friend, and I, were out socializing,  and I spotted him. I made her look at him with me for about five minutes before I built up enough courage to go over to him. He looked rather annoyed and un-approachable. Being a good friend, and trying to save my feelings, and the hurting of my pride, from rejection, she tried to sell me on retreating. As I reluctantly thought about moving in his direction, I never took my eyes of him. To this very second, I can see that image of him daily(I'll spare the details...for now) I  never approach men or initiate conversation, to anyone, as a matter of fact. I was so nervous!!!  despite my nerves, I pulled up my big girl panties, and proceeded in his direction. Outside of him being amazingly beautiful to me, in walking towards him, I became genuinely concerned about his seemingly distraught look.  As I approached him, our eyes met, and nervously I motioned for him to move towards me.  He looked as if he wanted to roll his eyes and pretend he didn't see me,  but, he took a deep breath and came towards me. All I kept thinking was, “don't blow this, don't blow this." When he made his way to me, it seemed as if time slowed down,  and a natural effect swayed the conversation in the direction fate had intended. "What's up?", he asked. "What's wrong? You look upset.. “. He proceeded to tell me he was kind of bored, because  his party was late. The initial conversation wasn't long, but it got the job done. We met! He didn't ask for my number, he gave me his. As much as I wanted to stay at that gathering, work ,the next morning, required a 6am arrival. As I drove home, all I could do was smile. The rest, is how and why, this blog series is being created. NW

No comments:

Post a Comment